Skip to content
Cookies and this website

This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more please read our cookie policy

Supported Housing

What is Supported Housing?

Supported Housing provides vulnerable people with safe accommodation and support so that they can work towards living independently.

There are a number of Supported Housing schemes available throughout Rhondda Cynon Taff offering support for:

  • Young people
  • Homeless families
  • Individuals with mental health problems
  • Former offenders
  • Individuals suffering from substance misuse

The level of support offered and type of accommodation varies between each scheme and further details can be found in our Supporting People Directory of Services.


The supporting people services can help you to develop the necessary skills and confidence to help you to take control of your life at a vulnerable time, helping you to start living happily and independently.


Who is eligible for Supported Housing?

To be able to apply for Supported Housing you must be:

  • 16 years old or over
  • Currently living in Rhondda Cynon Taff
  • You can make a self referral or be referred by family, friends, social worker, or any other agency you are working with.
  • You can be living in any type of accommodation, including; Private Rented, Shared Housing, Housing association tenancies, or be a home owner

For more information about Supported Housing contact The Supporting People Team on

 Telephone: 01443 281482